Re: Deployment, Deployment, Deployment! was: X509 and Verificable Creds: A Quick Note on WebID history - Re: All the Agents Challenge (ATAC) at ISWC 2021

Am 10.08.21 um 14:37 schrieb Henry Story:
>>> Btw. what is the proposal that is being talked about?
>>
>> The proposal is that you step down as a chair.
>
> Ah so your problem was that I did not leave a comment on a proposal
> on a different mailing list to remove me as a chair? And that
> is a reason to step down?

Ignoring the other arguments makes them disappear? But ok, I expect a
chair to moderate the group and encourage people to participate. You
participated in the discussion on the RWW mailing list, and you brought
up the lack of time you can spend on the chair role, and you were
personally listed as a recipient on the mentioned mail. You can't
encourage people with the absence of the chair.

>>> and that is why we opened a github repository to make just such changes. You can even leave issues there.
>>
>> It's not about what I want to change. It's about why should one
>> contribute to the WebID group if:
>>
>> - the chair has no time to fulfill the role as chair
>> - the chair claims there is nothing to do
>
> It is about what it makes sense to change. If you have no
> real change proposals then what is the fuss about?

I hoped you would have insight after reading my last mail. Since it
doesn't seem to be the case, let me be more clear: You were never able
to distinguish between your role as member and chair. You treated WebID
like your personal project. Anyone who disagreed with you was, from your
point of view, wrong. Melvin framed it maybe too friendly in this [1]
mail how you behaved to Manu Sporny. Multiple people left the group
after not being able to discuss things with you. Once in a WebID call,
someone described your behavior as a dictator instead of a chair. I
agree with that. So how do you want to moderate the group and encourage
people to participate when

- you don't have time
- people have to rely on your goodwill

Stepping down is the only option if you want contributions beyond an
echo chamber. Otherwise, we should mark the group as abandoned as
proposed in this [2] mail, or as I would call it: Taken hostage.

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rww/2021Jul/0011.html
[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rww/2021Jul/0054.html