Re: CERN involvement in the W3C WebAC WG

On 22 November 2017 at 16:31, Maria Dimou <Maria.Dimou@cern.ch> wrote:

> Dear Melvin,
>
> just a kind reminder for the estimation of effort (meetings, paper
> reviews) that the WebAC work requires from its participants. This is my
> proposal http://cern.ch/dimou/personal/CERN-W3C_Collaboration_2017_
> proposal.pdf

Hi Maria, that document looks great! :)

I mentioned this to TimBL (cc'd), who remembers you at CERN :)

The web access control work is actively used in software development with
various projects.

The interaction is regularly, weekly or daily, but tends to be in places
such as chat rooms (e.g. gitter) and github (issues), in addition to
mailing lists and wikis.

The wiki is largely complete and ready to implement, which is what many of
us are doing.

In terms of a formal working group, Tim did say we could possibly fire up a
quick working group if needed, tho that would require a number of
independent implementations.

I'd be happy to provide further data points in terms of usage, if you can
give me an idea of what you're looking for and/or what would be helpful

Hope that helps! :)