Re: Paradigm shifts for the decentralized Web

On 20 December 2017 at 12:02, Ruben Verborgh <Ruben.Verborgh@ugent.be>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I published a blog post in which I discuss the impact of decentralization
> on Web applications:
> https://ruben.verborgh.org/blog/2017/12/20/paradigm-
> shifts-for-the-decentralized-web/
>
> Beyond the change of data ownership, decentralization fundamentally
> changes how data and applications interact.
> I discuss the concept of "apps as views", and the fact that we'll need to
> rely on queries for sustainability.
> Both are highly relevant for read/write Web purposes, so I'm curious to
> hear what you think.
>
> All feedback and comments are most welcome!

Oops, sorry!  I sent this to the list twice!

I thought this was an excellent and inspiring post.

It's reignited me thinking about how the decentralized web will evolve.

I liked your emphasis of mixing data together from various sources.  I
think the idea of mashing up data is quite hard to explain until you see
it, but a real value proposition.

I take an analogy from music.  How do you explain the concept of a mix or
mashup to someone that hasnt heard it?

What it seems to me is that this style started underground and went
mainstream.

My suspicion is that the decentalized read write web may tread a similar
path.