Paradigm shifts for the decentralized Web

From: Ruben Verborgh <Ruben.Verborgh@UGent.be>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:02:28 +0000
To: "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
Dear all,

I published a blog post in which I discuss the impact of decentralization on Web applications:
https://ruben.verborgh.org/blog/2017/12/20/paradigm-shifts-for-the-decentralized-web/

Beyond the change of data ownership, decentralization fundamentally changes how data and applications interact.
I discuss the concept of "apps as views", and the fact that we'll need to rely on queries for sustainability.
Both are highly relevant for read/write Web purposes, so I'm curious to hear what you think.

All feedback and comments are most welcome!

Best regards,

Ruben
--
Ruben Verborgh