Re: Turtle and JSON-LD Matter

On 16 July 2014 16:19, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Is there any reason why Turtle and JSON-LD cannot be on equal footing in
> regards to the WebID spec?

I dont see an issue with this personally.

But, just a note they are quite different serializations.  Turtle is a self
contained document, JSON LD can have includes that need to be fetched
asynchronously.  So, for example, a library verifying JSON LD would need to
be waiting on, say, a context file before we can get at the triples.
Turtle can be verified synchronously, without a dependency on an HTTP round
trip.

I dont think it's too hard to produce JSON LD, because you can do a
relatively straight forward translation from triples.

Consuming it may be slightly more work.