Re: WebID, Trust and Banking

Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2012-09-28 10:19:43 +0000:
> On 28 September 2012 12:13, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>wrote:
>
> > Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2012-09-28 09:55:16 +0000:

> > > Added, thanks Henry.
> > >
> > > There's also a very interesting conversation going on at web-payments on
> > > Trust.
> > >
> > > We've for some time had the idea of IOUs between agents.  I've proposed
> > the
> > > idea of trust as a credit line.
> > >
> > > "Alice trusts Bob but only to the tune of 10 euros"
> > >
> > > I think this is the last piece we need to get a really interesting web
> > > economy started.
> > I don't mind people *also* approach trust like a credit line, still
> > finding it myself sort of naive approach. I would like to *also* focus on
> > more sophisticated relation to trust. For example "I trust Melvin with
> > editing RFC documents" but *at the same time* "I don't trust Melvin in
> > spicing up curry", not that I would find Melvin having bad intentions but
> > maybe he haven't taken enough time to practice cooking, or I just simply
> > don't like his style of cuisine ;)
> >
> > I've founded quite interesting attempt guys from http://www.espians.com(or just Tav?) made with:
> > http://www.trustmap.org
> > ex: http://www.trustmap.org/#python/@tav
> >
> > Again plain trust without *context* I find not very useful...
> >
> > In Web we Trust ;)
> >

> Of course context is important, yes.  Reputation data leads to trust
> inferences.  Think data and algorithms are loosely coupled.
>
> Yes I like trustmap a lot, but it's currently a centralized website.  With
> a bit of tweaking we could make it a universal system, perhaps even a web
> standard.  It might require a bit of coding, if tav is interested ....
it already looks quite like a graph ;)

i think in direction:
* replace hashtags with any URI (which still can have ex: http://www.hashtags.org/analytics/python/ )
* twitter handle with WebID
* everyone can store contributed part of the graph oneself (something like http://remotestorage.io )
* trustmap.org becomes *one of many* aggregation services (mashup)
* everyone can syndicate contributed part of a graph in any number of aggregation services

?