Re: WebID, Trust and Banking

On 28 September 2012 12:13, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>wrote:

> Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2012-09-28 09:55:16 +0000:
> > On 27 September 2012 23:39, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> >
> > > You may want to add the following to the wiki on trust
> > >
> > > "WebID & eCommerce" http://bblfish.net/blog/2012/04/30/
> > >
> > > Which shows how one can use linked data to fill up the
> > > trust story for official sites.
> > >

> > Added, thanks Henry.
> >
> > There's also a very interesting conversation going on at web-payments on
> > Trust.
> >
> > We've for some time had the idea of IOUs between agents.  I've proposed
> the
> > idea of trust as a credit line.
> >
> > "Alice trusts Bob but only to the tune of 10 euros"
> >
> > I think this is the last piece we need to get a really interesting web
> > economy started.
> I don't mind people *also* approach trust like a credit line, still
> finding it myself sort of naive approach. I would like to *also* focus on
> more sophisticated relation to trust. For example "I trust Melvin with
> editing RFC documents" but *at the same time* "I don't trust Melvin in
> spicing up curry", not that I would find Melvin having bad intentions but
> maybe he haven't taken enough time to practice cooking, or I just simply
> don't like his style of cuisine ;)
>
> I've founded quite interesting attempt guys from http://www.espians.com(or just Tav?) made with:
> http://www.trustmap.org
> ex: http://www.trustmap.org/#python/@tav
>
> Again plain trust without *context* I find not very useful...
>
> In Web we Trust ;)

Of course context is important, yes.  Reputation data leads to trust
inferences.  Think data and algorithms are loosely coupled.

Yes I like trustmap a lot, but it's currently a centralized website.  With
a bit of tweaking we could make it a universal system, perhaps even a web
standard.  It might require a bit of coding, if tav is interested ....