Re: The necessity of hypermedia RDF and an approach to achieve it

On 9/16/12 5:42 PM, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Tuesday 11. September 2012 16.10.49 Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> curl -I -X OPTIONS http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen
> [...]
>> Allow:
>> GET,HEAD,POST,PUT,DELETE,OPTIONS,PROPFIND,PROPPATCH,COPY,MOVE,LOCK,UNLOCK
>> ,TRACE
> Yes, this is a way of achieving many of the same things, the main difference
> is that this way is protocol specific and my way only requires that you have
> the description of a resource, then you know what you can do with it.

Don't you get that via a graph based on an ontology like VoID? Worst
case, whatever might be missing is simply added by way of ontology
extension?
> The two different approaches are likely to make sense in different cases, but
> I can't make a clear recommendation in which cases.

I think we can arrive at a solution that's truly protocol agnostic. As
you know, REST isn't http: scheme specific :-)

Kingsley

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen