Re: Proposal: 7 Core Use Cases For The Social RWW?

+1 I like those.

My hunch is that social networks is essentially blogging + access control to posts using the social graph.

Your wall is your feed reader.
It can read posts it has access to given your position in a social network.
You can make friends (ping back)

Posting to a wall could be done in many ways: either pinging, or just posting the content.

On 15 Oct 2012, at 11:33, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been looking at the mechanics of facebook and they seem to have 7 chief interactions (represented by dialogs)
>
> I propose that we try and include these into our social read write web systems:
>

> User Interactions
> ==============
>
> 1. Adding a friend
>
> https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/friends/

so we have ping back, as a starting point.

> 2. Sending a message to a friend
>
> https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/send/

pingback on an access controlled resource should do.
LDP should make posting of full content even easier.

> 3. Sending a request to a friend
>
> https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/requests/

I think that' is ping back.

We may need to develop a more enhanced semantic pingback that works with
ldp, to get more flexibility.

> Feed Interactions
> ================
>
> 4. Adding a post to a news feed
>
> https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/feed/

Just normal feeds should do. Just access control elements to it.

> App Interactions
> ============
>
> 5. Adding an app
>
> https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/add_to_page/

We should develop linked data apps with acts

> 6. Setting app permissions
>
> https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/oauth/

That is access control.
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebAccessControl

> Payment Interactions
>
> 7. Adding a payment
>
> https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/pay/

Need to look into it more. We need to get the others working first I think to get to this one.

> I think we're almost at proof of concept stage with most of this.  But perhaps if we can get decent demos working for each of these use cases, it can be a good showcase of what the read write social web can do?

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/