Re: Self-maintained semantic blogging platform

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 22:11:50 +0100
Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:

> Actually, I just learnt that Toby has started rewriting it in Perl on
> the top of a triple store and the Magpie framework. It is apparently
> not production ready yet, but if I'm going to do development, I would
> certainly join this project, it is an excellent fit for my interests.

Indeed.

The idea (and indeed this has always been the idea of demiblog in some
way) is for it to not really be a blog platform. Instead it's a generic
linked open data platform (like "pubby", RDF::LinkedData, etc) but
designed so that when you're looking at a resource which happens to be
a foaf:Document-like thing, it comes out very article-like.

It's still at an early stage. Magpie itself is probably still somewhat
in flux. There's no input mechanism; you just need to load things into
the quad store. There are probably some performance issues. But parts
of it kinda work. Hopefully I'll have some more time to work on it in
the new year.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>