Re: Extending the WebID protocol with Access Delegation

On 17 Aug 2012, at 23:42, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 8/17/12 4:09 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>>    That would perhaps be a way of turning things around. Then the secretary is added just as another user to the ACL - as Kingsley would like - but the resource is returned with a header saying that the secretary can only read it but only republish it to Joe.
> If you insist (for sake of simplicity) on using an HTTP header, why not use Referrer which already exists? I know the semantics of this header are different from the proposal, but so is the usage context :-)

The Referrer header is made in the request. The header I was suggesting would be in the response. It would be somewhat similar to the X-UsageRestrictions headers Oshani has been discussing

Usage Restriction Management for Accountable Data Transfer on the Web
(IEEE Policy 2011)
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2011/Papers/IEEE-Policy-httpa/paper.pdf

Augmenting the Web with Accountability (WWW PhD Symposium 2012)
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2012/Papers/WWW_PhD_Symposium/paper.pdf

> The effect of a secretary acting on my behalf is very close to me being the referrer on who's behalf the secretary is acting. Then we are back to how you want to proceed while also accommodating my more data oriented approach which is 100% driven by relationship semantics and Linked Data resources.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder & CEO