Von: Robin Keskisärkkä [mailto:robin.keskisarkka@liu.se]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2015 10:58
An: public-rsp@w3.org
Betreff: [RSP-QL] Regarding standalone keyword 'NOW'

Hi!
Do we think that the keyword NOW for logical windows will be supported in the RSP-QL specification? I haven't heard it be pushed as a proposal, nor is it any of the sample queries. CQELS defines the keyword NOW for windows to include data from the current timestamp, e.g.:

CONSTRUCT { ?person :in ?room }
WHERE {
   STREAM <http://room.sensor><http://room.sensor%3e> [NOW] {
      ?event a :Observation ;
                   :observedPerson ?person ;
                   :sensorLocation ?room .
   }
}

One possible interpretation of the keyword is that it is syntactic sugar for the minimal range of a logical window in an RSP engine (e.g. an interval limit related to the precision of the engine, or some property set by the user). I'm interested to hear any arguments for keeping the keyword as it is used in CQELS, as opposed to only allowing a window range to be defined as a range (with an optional STEP).

Cheers,
Robin

Best regards,
Robin Keskisärkkä
PhD Student
[Das Bild wurde vom Absender entfernt. Linköping University]

Department
581 83 Linköping
Mobile: +46 (0)70 49 09 179
Please visit us at www.liu.se<http://www.liu.se/>