Re: Action 695 argument

Gary Hallmark wrote:

> Jos pointed out most of my "missing" builtins are actually there, in the
> casting builtins.  I think we are missing maybe 2 builtins:
>
>   * How can I change a datetime from one timezone to another?

There is indeed no built-in for that specific purpose.  However, one
could extract all the components from a dateTime and construct a new
one, e.g., using the string casting function.

>   * How do I reference the current datetime (e.g. fn:current-dateTime)?

In a declarative formalism like BLD there cannot be such
context-dependent things like "current" datetime, because then the
formalism would not be declarative anymore.
One would need to define the semantics relative to a context given by
the user.  This would make things kind of ugly.

I could imagine, though, that in PRD this would not really be a problem.
 PRD does not need to restrict itself to the built-ins in BLD.

Best, Jos

--
Jos de Bruijn            debruijn@inf.unibz.it
+390471016224         http://www.debruijn.net/