RE: Media-Type (MIME type) for RIF

Sandro,

http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype

links to

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

whose sections 8.16-8.18 could act as paradigms.

What about this, where [RIF-BLD] is our LC submission of BLD
(assuming this can later be generalized to [RIF-FLD] with the
full RIF syntax for logic dialects, including the PRD logic):

 Application/rif+xml

   <?xml version="1.0" ?>

   RIF documents identified using this MIME type are XML documents whose
   content describes rules, as defined by [RIF-BLD].  As a format based
   on XML, RIF documents SHOULD use the '+xml' suffix convention in
   their MIME content-type identifier.  However, no content type has yet
   been registered for RIF and so this media type should not be used
   until such registration has been completed.

I think you should add a new BLD boilerplate section 9 Appendix: ...
corresponding to the template in rfc4288.txt section 10.
We can then discuss it and I will certainly help filling it out.

-- Harold