Re: a few comments about DTB

Axel Polleres wrote:

> Jos de Bruijn wrote:
>>

>> Axel Polleres wrote:

>>> I added respecting paragraphs in 4.1 and 4.2 explaining the naming
>>> convention.
>>>
>>> "As a naming convention we use the non-prefix NCNAME part denoting
>>> the data type in CamelCase, for instance we use pred:isString for the
>>> guard predicate for xsd:string, or pred:isText for the guard
>>> predicate for rif:text. Other RIF dialects involving new datatypes
>>> not mentioned in the present document MAY follow this convention
>>> where applicable without creating ambiguities with predicate names
>>> defined in the present document."
>>
>> I'm not sure this is sufficient; specifically, you do not define what
>> the labels are for any of the datatypes, you only include some
>> examples.  I think we need to define the concept of a "label" for
>> datatypes, and the labels for the XML schema datatypes should be
>> mentioned explicitly.
>> Then, I am not convinced about the naming convention.  Why not just
>> capitalize the first character? the camel case convention seems overly
>> invasive.
>
> what about e.g. "is-string"? better?

I'm not sure Jos is talking about the names of the guard predicates, but
actually I don't know exactly what he means by a "label for datatypes".  Are you
talking, Jos, about something informal to use in the English text of the
document to describe the datatype, e.g. "xsd:string is the datatype for strings"?

-Chris