Re: [TED] Slides of F2F4 Breakout on Abstract Syntax and Semantics: Slots & Constraints

Dave Reynolds wrote:

> Boley, Harold wrote:
>
>> Please find attached the slides (both pdf and ppt versions) of our
>> F2F4 Breakout on Abstract Syntax and Semantics: Slots & Constraints,
>> updated on the basis of the plenary debrief yesterday.
>>
>> -- Harold
>

> Thanks.
>
> Just a side comment, not related to the main content of the proposal,
> but it's not clear to me why you argue that keyed-slots are particularly
> motivated by RDF. [...]  However, we have enough problems helping people
> understand that RDF is not an object model that I'd like to avoid mixed
> messages on that, it might be simplest to drop that motivation from any
> external documents.

Hmmm... Charter says [1]:
"In order to allow interoperability with RDF and object-oriented
systems, the syntax must support named arguments (also called "role" or
"slot" names), allowing n-ary facts, rules, and queries to be provided
through property/value interfaces."

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/charter#xml-syntax