Re: A requirements diagram

Hi Frank,

I think the most important thing I can't understand in this diagram is
related to the 'opposes' arrows between critical success factors. This
is the case for Coverage and Low cost of implementation, and
Extensibility and Low cost of implementation.

CSF Soundness: in my opinion Soundness is not really a good choice for
the title of this critical success factor.
I suppose the Formal semantics requirement refers to the fact that RIF
should have a formal semantics. Why don't we have something on
preserving as much as possible the meaning of rule sets through interchange?

CSF Coverage: I would here merge the two requirements Support production
rules and Support logical rules into one single requirement, namely
Support the three kinds of rules (deductive, normative, and reactive rules).

CSF Extensible: to gain uniformity the title of this CSF is
Extensibility. I also don't know why the requirement Support XML has a
'supports' arrow to this CSF. If this requirement really supports the
Extensibility CSF, why doesn't the Support RDF requirement support this
CSF too?
The extensibility should refer to syntax, semantics and
expressivity...so, it might be the case that some more requirements are
needed here.

Regards,
Paula