RE: [UCR] Public Comment clarification of term use

Hi Allen and Chris,

> I seem to recall someone suggesting that as a requirement,
> and also that at least one of the original use-cases (a
> REWERSE one I think) had rules that worked on XML data.

I dug up the REWERSE use case you're probably thinking of:
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Rule-Based_Combined_Access_to_XML_a
nd_RDF_Data

It involves queries that essentially treat XML documents as facts.

> So unless I am missing something (which might very well be
> the case) I would say that the features of this use-case are
> already covered.

Well, perhaps not totally covered. Section 1.1 of the draft (Negotiating
eBusiness Contracts Across Rule Platforms) involves XML data but doesn't
go into much detail. I think the group should consider actually showing
some XML along with a matching query (possibly alluding to XSL),
especially since -- as Francois and Paul pointed out -- this is so
important for RIF. On the other hand, perhaps this warrants its own use
case.

We can discuss more tomorrow.

David