Re: "Semantics" vs. "No Semantics"

Obrst, Leo J. wrote:
> There are three ways to define the semantics, two formal, one informal:
> 1) proof theory: axioms; this is typically harder than (2)
> 2) model theory
> 3) a natural language description describing the operational semantics.
>
> Of course a 4th way is some combination of these.
>
> What else is there?

First, model theories can be specified in all possible manners.

Second, one can implement a software that takes as input logic  formulas
and delivers as output logic formulas and claim, this software specifies
the semantics of the logic. This way, a semantics would be defined in
none of the manners mentioned above. (I am not saying following this
approac h is advisable. I am saying, it is possible.)

François