[RIF]: "Semantics" vs. "No Semantics"

Francois: may I present a non-logician's perspective?

[PV>] Yes, in the sense that even an interchange format (as opposed to language) needs to have semantics of some kind.

> - the RIF probably does not need to specify a procedural semantics.
[PV>] Is there a reason for this? For example, rules used in a decision table or tree might be most efficiently represented in a procedurally-executed list of rules. Procedural rules ARE used in industry, so is there a good reason to exclude them? [I'm still confused why this is an issue]