Re: [RIF] Reaction to the proposal by Boley, Kifer et al

> From: Francois Bry <bry@ifi.lmu.de>
> Subject: Re: [RIF] Reaction to the proposal by Boley, Kifer et al
> Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:21:28 +0200

> > > Reference, please.
> >
> > I could maybe help in giving reference if I would understand what you
> > are asking for.
>
> A reference to logics based on infinite Herbrand intepretations that shows
> how they relate to standard first-order logics.

I didn't say that infinite Herbrand bases are related to first-order logic.
You asked about a "known" logic. FYI, well-founded and answer-set semantics
are all based on infinite Herbrand models.

What I said is that the semantics in the proposal can be extended to
arbitrary, non-Herbrand domains, but this will be useful only for
the first-order dialect.