Re: Input to UCR from Charter

Dave Reynolds wrote:

> The piece that requirement doesn't cover is use of XML datatypes,
> functions and operators. I think that is a strong requirement and we
> should reflect it in the document. How about:
>
> [[[
> Requirement. Supports alignment with key W3C specifications.
>
> RIF will support scalar datatypes based on a subset of XML Schema part 2
> datatypes. This subset will be compatible with the choices made in the
> RDF and OWL specifications. A compatible core set of scalar datatypes
> will be part of the phase 1 RIF recommendations.
>
> The operations on scalar datatypes supported by RIF will be compatible
> with relevant W3C specifications including XQuery functions and
> operators, and the profile of those defined by the SPARQL specification.
>
> The precise core set of functions and operators for such datatypes will
> not be finalized before phase 2.
> ]]]

+1!!!

> [BTW it is getting rather hard to find things in the Wiki. For example
> following UCR on the front page used to lead to all the work we did on
> "critical factor analysis" now there is only the bits which are actually
> going in the document and that link seems to have got lost.]

Yes.  I had to go find some saved links directly to some of these pages.
They're still there, but the path off the front page has either been
eradicated or well-covered by brush...

-Ed

--
Edward J. Barkmeyer                        Email: edbark@nist.gov
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4482

  and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."