Re: proposed definition of covers

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> Let the RIF entailment relationship be R.
>
> RIF covers (the portion of) F precisely when
>
> 	for all l in L and d in D such that E(l,d) is in C
> 		R(M(l),M(d)) = M(E(l,d))

Seems like a perfectly fine definition of the semantic portion of
"cover" to me.

There were comments at the f2f [*] that there are use cases that require
preservation of some inessential differences as well. If we mean that
then we'd also need a notion of abstract-syntactic coverage.

Dave

[*] During the discussion on why "supports monotonic-LT" might be a less
useless discriminator than you might think.