Re: Requirement: RIF rules should be able to call out to external query processors

Dave Reynolds wrote:

> Francis McCabe wrote:
>
>> This requirement is already captured: it is part of the oracular
>> models requirement.
>
> Agreed.
>
> The f2f discussion didn't like the term "oracular" as having other
> connotations. Then later on the case of SQL was raised in addition to
> SPARQL and then there's the issue of this being *one* way of coupling to
> a DL reasoner.

BTW: A particular way to integrate with DL reasoners in such a way and a
general extension to semantically include external reasoners with rules
will be introduced in our tutorial on sunday...
   http://www.eswc2006.org/tutorials.html#tutorial1
for all who are still in budva and have time.

best,
axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres