Re: types of conformance

Sandro Hawke wrote:

> Vendors specify the mapping; we specify the features they have to map to
> -- or tell the user if they cannot -- right?

This is what I understand the "default behavior requirement" is about.
Btw, the "compliance model" requirement also mention optional features.

We also discussed avoiding trviial compliance: is requiring that all
compliant implementations list the feature they "opted out" enough for
that purpose, or do we require that the specification of a dialect lists
a limited number of optional features? Wouldn't that bring us back to
the discussion of what is the bottom line?