"Enclosed shops" Re: HTML5 and DRM - A Middle Path?

David Singer:

> On Aug 15, 2013, at 21:05 , Duncan Bayne <dhgbayne@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> I have this image in my mind of a World Wide Automobile Consortium being
>> asked by buggy manufacturers to limit the top speed of their cars to
>> 10km/h in order to avoid rendering buggy makers insolvent.
>

> No, it is more like the people objecting to enclosed shops, where
> pilfering is much harder then when the same goods are sold from open
> stalls in a market.

You probably meant to write this:

Enclosed shops which are operated in the homes of the customers and
might be watching and listening to them on behalf of companies and/or
secret agencies (again: Google Widevine is promoting "silent monitoring").

Cheers,
Andreas