Re: Example 1 and related paper

Hi Go!

On 9/7/22 12:38, Sugimoto, G. (Go) wrote:
> Just wondering if there is a mistake in Example 1 in the spec
> (https://reconciliation-api.github.io/specs/0.1/#example-1
> <https://reconciliation-api.github.io/specs/0.1/#example-1>). Correct
> one would be (not VIAF):
>
> |{ "name": “|The Getty Vocabularies",

Yes, that's right, thanks! For consistency with the following longer
example (and the actual service at
https://services.getty.edu/vocab/reconcile/), I think the name should be
"Getty Vocabularies Reconciliation Service".

Would you like to contribute that change yourself in a pull request? It
can easily be created in the browser at
https://github.com/reconciliation-api/specs/edit/master/latest/examples/manifest/valid/example-min.json.

> In addition, my in-press paper may be of relevance for the API:
> https://www.semantic-web-journal.net/content/instance-level-analysis-linked-open-data-connectivity-cultural-heritage-entity-linking-and-0

Thanks for sharing that, looks interesting. I've added it to the
collection of publications at
https://etherpad.lobid.org/p/reconciliation-publications (though if I
understand it correctly, it's not about our specific API or OpenRefine,
so won't be linked via Wikidata as planned in that Etherpad – we should
probably find a place to collect related publications like that for
ourselves).

Cheers,
Fabian