Re: RDF to HTML templating

On 18 Dec 2013, at 17:24, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:

> On 12/18/2013 05:04 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I have a quick question:
>>
>>  Is there a simple RDF to HTML templating library?
>>
>> We have developed an initial PointedGraph library for
>> rdflib [1],  and would like to have a function such as
>>
>>    template.apply(pg,template)
>>
>> which would bind the pointed graph to a template.
>> I imagine this could be best done with an RDFa
>> template, but I don't know what the issues with
>> this are. I am quite open to other suggestions too.
>>
>> I have seen Vie, but this seems to require a whole
>> framework. It would be nice to have a library dedicated
>> to just this functionality, so that one can use it with
>> different libraries, or develop our own.
> +1
>
> i'll try to read the RDFa part of VIE and meet up with Henri Bergius in Berlin one of next days. maybe we could pull out some reusable component...

That would be really great. I'll need to have a look too.

> i also plan to ASAP use some templating which will take JSON-LD data and RDFa template for rendering!

I don't even think the library should be tied to JSON-LD. That is tying it to a serialisation format.
Whether the graph came from RDF/XML, Turtle, or JSON-LD should not matter.

My initial thought was that the role of the pointed graph, is to give you an object oriented view on the store.
The pointer points on the subject in the graph at the chosen name ( named Graph ). Once you have a
pointed graph, you should have a pointed RDFa document, where you could tie the pointed graph pointer
to the RDFa pointer. Then the library should follow  links in the rdfa, and find the information
from the pointed graph to fill it in.

Henry

>> All the best,
>>
>>  Henry Story
>>

>> [1] https://github.com/stample/rww-play/blob/withPointedGraph/public/ldp/lib/pointedGraph.js
>>    We'd like to then have an rdfstore implementation for this later.
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/