RE: On RDF UIs (Sponate, Jassa, Facete)

On Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:01 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 12/04/2013 07:14 PM, Claus Stadler wrote:
>
> > The thing is, that there is an impendance mismatch between SPARQL
> > (result sets) and JSON, which is not overcome by just representing
> > triples or RDF terms in whatever serialization format.
> > *The main point is, that you need to transform the data into a data
> > model that is aligned with the requirements of the view!*
>
> Actually I currently face such challenge in small open source project
> where I use Backbone.js. This evening I plan to investigate
> http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-framing/ (spec bit outdated
> according to Markus Lanthaler who suggests investigating existing
> implementations instead!)

I was just about to ask a similar question :-) I was wondering whether you already considered using JSON-LD to overcome this impedance mismatch. In almost all cases it is possible to transform the RDF into idiomatic JSON(-LD) without any information loss. Framing is one approach to do so, JSON-LD macros [1] by Antonio Garrote is another one.

Cheers,
Markus

[1] https://github.com/antoniogarrote/json-ld-macros

--