Re: RDFa, FUD and ethics

Thank you all for the variety of examples and feedback. I agree that giving
some tangible benefits of RDFa is the way to go. There is in fact a module
allowing people to choose their license:
http://drupal.org/project/creativecommons though it does not come with core.
Like Mark said, relevant RDFa modules will emerge though I will rather push
for existing modules that people already use to add RDFa support
(add GoodRelations in Drupal Commerce, support RichSnippets in the SEO
module, put ogp in the Facebook module), most of these modules already
exist, some of them have already started to look at RDFa. As for the Drupal
distributions, they will also have to make that choice, though it'll be
easier as they'll have a specific use case at hand, e.g. news - the
complaint was about core itself, which could be used for any use case
really. As for warning the users during the installation, I'll see if that
addresses their concerns, though I doubt we will have time to add that
feature in core at this point.

Thanks for bouncing ideas, it really helps. We'll try to get the licensing
in RDFa to be part of Drupal 8 core (with various choices per Keith/Sergey's
comments)...

Steph.