Re: [pedantic-web] RE: [ANN] RDFa Developer (1.0b1): RDFa extension for firefox

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Hondros, Constantine
<Constantine.Hondros@wolterskluwer.com> wrote:
> My only suggestion is that you try to detect whether the page contains
> deliberate RDFa, for example whether it uses the RDFa DTD, or contains
> version="XHTML+RDFa 1.x", and don’t report any triples if it doesn’t
> conform. Otherwise your tool reports a jumble of triples in the XHTML vocab
> namespace that are of questionable semantic value.

Agreed.

Also, I think the below 'notice' is the wrong way around:

Non-conventional prefix: the namespace
'http://github.com/egonw/cheminformatics.classics/1/#' mapped to the
prefix 'cc' isn't commonly used, 'http://creativecommons.org/ns#'
could be a better choice

I am pretty sure I am using the right NS, but the notice could suggest
me to use a different *prefix*... (BTW, perhaps it could be possible
to configure the notice types one would to see or not... I'd likely
turn of this one...)

Otherwise, it's indeed a great tool and I started using it doing my research:

http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/2010/07/scripts-logs-as-htmlrdfa-mix-free-text.html

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen