Re: RDFa Publishers

Steve Williams wrote:

> At 01:22 PM 10/29/2008, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> ... what I am yet to see is a tangible example from the Yahoo! domain
>> ... is it possible ... a link that will get me data from Digg, via a
>> Yahoo! domain URL ...
>
> I have such a URL, but it is only accessible when logged in to the
> SearchMonkey developer tool.  Here it is:
>
> http://developer.search.yahoo.com/common/getInput?smid=A95&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdigg.com%2Fodd_stuff%2FI_tied_a_disposable_camera_to_a_bench_with_a_sign_that_read
>

> The smid arg identifies a "data service" I have defined in
> SearchMonkey that basically grabs whatever data is available in the
> Yahoo! search index for the Digg page identified by the url arg.
>
> The response is XML document in what Yahoo! calls DataRSS:
>
> http://developer.yahoo.com/searchmonkey/smguide/datarss_primer.html
>
> See below for an excerpt of the XML response that shows the Digg RDFa
> available as a side effect of Yahoo!'s crawl.
>
> To create a SearchMonkey app, one writes simple PHP to grab the values
> out of that XML and insert them into an HTML fragment.
>
> Does that help?
>
> <adjunct id="com.yahoo.rdf.rdfa" updated="2008-10-30T10:40:43Z"
> version="1.0">
> <item rel="dc:creator" resource="http://digg.com/users/SorryIGotDrunk"/>
> <item rel="xhtml:search" resource="http://digg.com/opensearch.xml"/>
> <item rel="xhtml:image_src"
> resource="http://digg.com/odd_stuff/I_tied_a_disposable_camera_to_a_bench_with_a_sign_that_read/p.jpg"/>
>
> <item rel="xhtml:license"
> resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/"/>
> <item rel="dc:source"
> resource="http://theplug.net/28/strangerphotos.htm"/>
> Good afternoon, I attached this camera to the bench so you could take
> pictures. Seriously. So have fun. I'll be back later this evening to
> pick it up. Love, Jay / The Plug When I retrieved the camera that
> night, I was happy to find that the entire roll of film had been shot.
> Below are the photos that were taken.
> <item rel="xhtml:icon" resource="http://digg.com/favicon.ico"/>
> I tied a disposable camera to a bench with a sign that read:
> </adjunct>

Steve,

Thanks!

This has been helpful in the sense that it's unveiled my blind spot. I
assumed SearchMonkey was live whereas it isn't :-(  I thought that Yahoo
was already exposing RDFa, DataRSS etc. to the public from data
providers plugged into it's data-bus (what SearchMonkey is ultimately
delivering).

--

Regards,

President & CEO