Re: RDFa Publishers

At 01:22 PM 10/29/2008, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>... what I am yet to see is a tangible example from the Yahoo!
>domain ... is it possible ... a link that will get me data from
>Digg, via a Yahoo! domain URL ...

I have such a URL, but it is only accessible when logged in to the
SearchMonkey developer tool.  Here it is:

http://developer.search.yahoo.com/common/getInput?smid=A95&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdigg.com%2Fodd_stuff%2FI_tied_a_disposable_camera_to_a_bench_with_a_sign_that_read

The smid arg identifies a "data service" I have defined in
SearchMonkey that basically grabs whatever data is available in the
Yahoo! search index for the Digg page identified by the url arg.

The response is XML document in what Yahoo! calls DataRSS:

http://developer.yahoo.com/searchmonkey/smguide/datarss_primer.html

See below for an excerpt of the XML response that shows the Digg RDFa
available as a side effect of Yahoo!'s crawl.

To create a SearchMonkey app, one writes simple PHP to grab the
values out of that XML and insert them into an HTML fragment.

Does that help?

<adjunct id="com.yahoo.rdf.rdfa" updated="2008-10-30T10:40:43Z" version="1.0">
<item rel="dc:creator" resource="http://digg.com/users/SorryIGotDrunk"/>
<item rel="xhtml:search" resource="http://digg.com/opensearch.xml"/>
<item rel="xhtml:image_src"
resource="http://digg.com/odd_stuff/I_tied_a_disposable_camera_to_a_bench_with_a_sign_that_read/p.jpg"/>
<item rel="xhtml:license"
resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/"/>
<item rel="dc:source" resource="http://theplug.net/28/strangerphotos.htm"/>
Good afternoon, I attached this camera to the bench so you could take
pictures. Seriously. So have fun. I'll be back later this evening to
pick it up. Love, Jay / The Plug When I retrieved the camera that
night, I was happy to find that the entire roll of film had been
shot. Below are the photos that were taken.
<item rel="xhtml:icon" resource="http://digg.com/favicon.ico"/>
I tied a disposable camera to a bench with a sign that read:
</adjunct>