Re: HTML+RDFa source updated (ISSUE-97, ISSUE-144, ISSUE-146)

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2013, at 6:20 PM, "Shane McCarron" <ahby@aptest.com> wrote:
>

>> > In theory a validator could flag the use of @rel on a <link> element,
>> but why?  @rel is legal everywhere according to RDFa Lite.  At least that
>> is my reading of the Profile.
>>
>> Ivan may do something like this in his processor, as I believe he outputs
>> warnings when non-RDFa Lite is detected; I don't know what he does in the
>> case of @rel for non-RDFa usage, though.
>>

> I guess this is my point.  There is no such thing as @rel for non-RDFa
> usage.  Or rather.... an RDFa processor always interprets @rel.
>
> sure there is, an RDFa processor will ignore @rel="nofollow", due to the
> special rule that removes @rel if it doesn't contain a CURIE:
>
> [[[
>
>    - In Section 7.5: Sequence, immediately after processing step 4<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-core/#PS-new-subject>,
>    if theproperty attribute and the rel and/or rev attribute exists on
>    the same element, the non-CURIE and non-URI rel and rev values are
>    ignored. If, after this, the value of rel and/or rev becomes empty,
>    then the processor*must* act as if the respective attribute is not
>    present.
>
> ]]]

Umm...  I mean, I know about that rule, but there is no @property in this
instance.  There is an implicit @about on <head>, and there is a <link
rel="stylesheet" href="somepath.css"> - this should generate a triple <>
xv:stylesheet http://whatever.domain/somepath.css .

Well - stylesheet might not be a good example, since in HTML5 there are
only a few reserved terms.  I might not be thinking about this completely
clearly.

--
Shane P. McCarron