Re: HTML+RDFa source updated (ISSUE-97, ISSUE-144, ISSUE-146)

On Jan 1, 2013, at 10:45 PM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Gregg,
>
> some more editorial issues, sorry not to have raised them earlier
>
> - I am a bit surprised to see the detailed 3.4 section on XML Literals. Is there anything there that is HTML5 specific? Or are these further explanation on what is defined in Core? In general, we should keep the HTML5+RDFa document to the minimum, and describe really the deltas only. Besides, for the core audience of HTML5+RDFa XML Literals may not have a huge importance. This is just a question, in fact...

Yeah, me too. I'll leave it to whoever wrote this section to comment on it further (Shane). The only thing I think is necessary for HTML+RDFa, which isn't covered in RDFa Core, is the Coercing an HTML DOM into an Infoset, and Serializing XHTML Fragments. If anything, I think we should be placing more emphasis on HTML Literals, and de-emphasizing XMLLiteral. I would suggest reducing this section to just the following:

[[[
An RDFa Processor that transforms the XML fragment MUST use the Coercing an HTML DOM into an Infoset algorithm, as specified in the HTML5 specification, followed by the algorithm defined in the Serializing XHTML Fragments section of the HTML5 specification. If an error or exception occurs at any point during the transformation, the triple containing the XMLLiteral MUST NOT be generated.
]]]

I don't think we need the examples either.

> - I guess ISSUE 2, ie, the at-riskness of Reference folding, should be put at the beginning of section 3.5, and not only at the technical details. It is the whole feature that is at risk, not only the technical definition...

+1, I'll take care of it.

> - Example 6 and 7: although technically correct, there is a difference between the two examples insofar as the first one uses @vocab and, therefore, no 'schema' prefix, whereas the second doesn't do that. I would propose to enclose the second example into the same div+vocab structure to make the similarities and differences clearer.

+1, I'll take care of it.

Gregg