Re: Relative URIs in Prefix Mappings

On 10/22/12 09:45, Alex Milowski wrote:
> As I can see, there is no test for this.  I sent a note out on Oct
> 2nd about that but it wasn't tied to a detailed explanation like
> Peter sent.
>
> I am also happy to write up some test cases for this as well.

Yes, please add a few test cases for this so that we can ensure proper
coverage for the other implementations.

> 1. Should it be resolved at all?
>
> Since RDFa needs the output to be absolute URI values and the
> recommendations of [3] indicates that specifications shouldn't
> interpret relative namespace name URIs, if we wish the @prefix to be
>  consistent with XML Namespaces, we shouldn't as well.  In fact, I
> would say we could go further and say that relative prefix values are
> ignored.

I think the intent was to always concatenate prefixes with tokens in the
document (such as those placed in @property, @rel, etc.) and NOT resolve
them against base.

> As a user, I'll never use relative URI values for prefixes per the
> recommendations of [3].  As an implementor, I just want to know what
>  to do: ignore or resolve?  Using mappings to relative URIs, which is
>  what my implementation does, per 7.5, step 3, is just broken as it
> results in relative URIs in the output graph.

We'll get clarification on this from the group during the next telecon
(which should be next week).

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: HTML5 and RDFa 1.1
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/html5-and-rdfa/