Re: Browsing Test Cases on rdfa.info

(One more time, CCing the group).

On Mar 16, 2012, at 9:39 PM, Alex Milowski wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>> On 03/16/2012 08:32 PM, Alex Milowski wrote:
>>>
>>> I looking to do some ad hoc testing on my RDFa 1.1 browser client
>>> implementation I've discovered I can't actually access the test case
>>> documents.  For example, this URL:
>>>
>>> http://rdfa.info/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.1/html5/0001.html
>>>
>>> returns a 500.
>>

>> We had an issue with the test suite today. The search engine crawlers
>> found hundreds of links that made the test harness hit remote RDFa
>> processor sites, effectively DDoSing the site. Gregg has since fixed the
>> problem and the test suite is back to normal operation.
>
> I see that has been fixed.  Thanks!
>

>> There is a JSON-LD based manifest here, which would probably be better
>> for you:
>>
>> http://rdfa.info/test-suite/manifest.json
>
> Sure.  That will work just fine.
>

>>> Ideally, I'd prefer to have the ability to have cross-origin
>>> requests. That means serving the manifest and test cases up with the
>>> "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *" header.
>>

>> We'll try and CORS-enable the tests for you in the next few days.
>>
>> Have you thought about running your processor in node.js and providing a
>> processor URL endpoint?
>
> Running in node.js is an interesting idea but I really want to test it
> in the browser environment.  The implementation provides the RDFa API
> as well and I'd like to test it all together.

Running with node.js is probably the best, but you can run entirely within a webpage if you have a SPARQL processor to use (check out https://github.com/antoniogarrote/rdfstore-js). You would use the manifest.json for test descriptions, and then accessing the URIs from the service. However, note that the "input" and "results" fields are not really used, as URLs need to be constructed based on the RDFa version and host language. You can find code for doing that here: https://github.com/rdfa/rdfa-website/blob/master/public/javascripts/models/test-model.js in docURL(). The SPARQL result file is the same, just with a .sparql extension. Most everything you need to run tests can be found in that file.

If you do want an RDFa description, you could parse the EARL report, which also contains everything you need:http://rdfa.info/earl-reports/.

Gregg