Re: Traces of RDFa profiles remain in rdfa-core

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are these references to RDFa profiles supposed to remain in
> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-core/Overview.html? I thought
> RDFa profiles had been dropped.
>
> The ability to reference RDFa Profiles; these are used to ease authoring
>> by creating collections of terms, prefix definitions, and/or default
>> vocabulary declarations.
>

> The term mappings, a list of terms and their associated IRIs. This
>> specification does not define an initial list. Host Languages may define an
>> initial list. If a Host Language provides an initial list, it should do so
>> via an RDFa Profile.

ok, it seems RDFa profiles are only used for the initial context. are there
other uses for them?

still, I find this slightly confusing:

"The ability to reference RDFa Profiles; these are used to ease authoring
by creating collections of terms, prefix definitions, and/or default
vocabulary declarations."

and I have the feeling this remains from the time when we supported regular
RDFa profiles via @profile. Unless I've missed something, the ability to
reference RDFa profiles is not something that authors can do (like they did
in the past with @profile). This can only be done at the host language
level.

Related questions re. initial context.

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-core/Overview.html#xmlrdfaconformance
links
to the RDFa Core Initial Context, however, how would a non-XML
implementation (say HTML5) know to use
http://www.w3.org/2011/rdfa-context/rdfa-1.1.html as initial context?
shouldn't http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/ include a link to the same RDFa
Core Initial Context?