Re: Maybe a new pandora's box? '/' in a term (not CURIE!)

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2011, at 5:55 AM, "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Unless somebody vehemently opposes this, I would like to record it as an issue. May I?
>
> +1
>
> Clearly required for the schema.org extension mechanism. Re-defining Term should do it.

I haven't looked into the details, but couldn't relaxing TERM from
being an NCName get us into trouble? We'd have to redefine TERM very
carefully, so that CURIEs aren't also considered as terms. Since
colons are allowed in IRI segments, we'd have to determine whether
they'd be allowed at all in TERMs, and if so, only after an NCName
separated by any *other* gen-delim (as defined in the IRI spec)..

Another way to solve it could be to replace the use of
TERMorCURIEorAbsIRI with TERMorCURIEorIRI. I.e. not relax the lexical
space of terms, but rather allow for any IRIs including relative ones,
and define that these are appended to the current vocab. (Note
*appended*, not to be confused with *resolving* relative IRIs against
a base IRI.)

(Not sure what I'd vote for yet, I just wanted to remark on some specifics.)

Best regards,
Niklas