Re: ISSUE-70: PROPOSED response to Jeni

I am now absolutely and formally messed up...

On Feb 18, 2011, at 21:06 , Shane McCarron wrote:
[snip]

> The short answer is "yes".  We will add text about this in the section on RDFa Processor Conformance.  In addition, in order to improve the story about this going forward, we will introduce another RDFa attribute, @rdfa, which will can be used by documents that wish to ensure their content is interpreted against a specific version of the RDFa Recommendation(s).
>
> The rules such a processor must follow are:
>
>  1. If there is an @rdfa attribute on the root element of the
>     document, examine its value.  If the value maps to a defined
>     version string for RDFa, process the document according to that
>     version's rules.
>  2. If there is an @version attribute on the root element of the
>     document, and that attribute has the value "XHTML+RDFa 1.0",
>     process the document according to the rules from RDFa Syntax 1.0
>     (for backward compatibility).
>  3. Otherwise, process the document according to the rules defined in
>     this specification (RDFa Core 1.1).

Is it really true that we _agreed_ in the usage of @rdfa at the end? I thought we decided, after all, to drop it in favour of using @version with a possible value of RDFa 1.1.

What are then the allowed values for @rdfa? Is it '1.0' and '1.1'?

Not that I am not _against_ this, it is just that my memory says otherwise.

See also:

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/meetings/2011-02-17#resolution_2

Ivan