Re: PROPOSAL to address RDFa Profiles - ISSUE-73 and ISSUE-78

On Feb 10, 2011, at 18:33 , Nathan wrote:

> Ivan Herman wrote:
>>> so what happens when you use RDF/XML and RDFa/XML together?
>> I do not understand the question
>
> It might not be a question (hopefully, but is there a case where you may find rdf/xml and rdfa in the same document? If so, how do you process?

Ah. Yes, it happens, namely in SVG. SVG has the <metadata> element and SVG does not specify what is in the subtree. It can be anything, including RDF/XML. On the other hand, an SVG file can have RDFa all over the place.

What I do in my distiller, and I think this is the only way to do it, is to separate the two. For SVG files I first try to find the RDF/XML portions, extract it from the SVG file, and parse it into a graph. I then parse the same file with the RDFa parser, produce another graph. I then merge the two graphs before outputting it to the caller.

Bottom line: from an RDFa point of view, the situation does not exist. The two encoding are independent that a tool can choose to understand and merge.

Ivan