Re: Editorial changes to clarify usage of URIs / Absolute URIs and @profile

So.... sorry, I misunderstood and misinterpreted some facts, which is not your fault but mine. I should have been more careful... Apologies.

The bottom line is: I am not convinced all this is necessary, except for some informative warning. I do not think there is any reason to disallow a profile URI of the form http://a.b.c/e#f. This is a perfectly correct URI that can be used for a HTTP GET. So why going out of our way to disallow it?

There is a fact that is simply the consequence of HTTP. If we have two profile URI-s, namely http://a.b.c/e#f and http://a.b.c/e#g, then these two, while returning the same RDF graph serialized in some form when a GET is performed, ie, defining the same prefixes and terms (which is still fine!), may be considered as different for a caching mechanism, ie, it may be less efficient to handle them. This is not error, just an awkwardness for whoever used them....

Ivan