Heads up on geo protocol vs prefix

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:39:52 +0200
To: public-rdfa-wg <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

just a heads-up regarding the lexical space of CURIEorURI as we
previously resolved. Users of RDFa who wish to use the "geo:" protocol
[1] for URIs in @about or @resource have to take care so that the
"geo:" prefix is not defined. I recall that it's been suggested to
predefine this as a prefix for
<http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#> (as is recommended in the
documentation for this vocabulary [2]). That would obviously be
problematic.

(Of course, the merit of this protocol can be debated. I don't know
how popular it is, but since it's an RFC (albeit a "proposed
standard"), I take it must not be ignored.)

Best regards,
Niklas

[1]: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5870
[2]: http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/