Re 2: More specific proposal on the vocabulary expansion (a.k.a. vocab proxy) feature

One more technical remark/answer

On Aug 4, 2011, at 20:10 , Gregg Kellogg wrote:

> More below:
> On Aug 4, 2011, at 9:33 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:

[snip]

>> - For all URI-s that appear as a value of a @vocab attribute in the RDFa source, that URI is dereferenced. If the dereferencing yields the serialization of an RDF graph, that graph is merged with the default graph. (RDFa processor MUST accept an RDF graph serialized in RDFa, SHOULD accept an RDF graph serialized in RDF/XML[REF] or Turtle[REF], and MAY accept other serialization formats of RDF.)
>
> Need to guard against recursion here. At least to abort an attempt to import a graph that is already in the process of, or has already been imported.

I think it is perfectly ok to say: if the important graph is encoded in RDFa, no RDFa-sem expansion will be done on THAT graph. The imported graph is supposed to be an RDFS ontology, authored by experts, so this requirement does not look like a major constraint. On the other hand, there is then no recursion; the only implementation point is that each vocab should be accessed only once even if used several times in the RDFa source, which is not a big deal.