ISSUE-58: PlainLiteral and TypedLiteral value for strings [RDFa 1.1 API]

From: RDFa Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 01:42:50 +0000
To: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-58: PlainLiteral and TypedLiteral value for strings [RDFa 1.1 API]

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/58

Raised by: Nathan Rixham
On product: RDFa 1.1 API

We need to define what the `value` + toString() of TypedLiteral and PlainLiteral should be, especially PlainLiteral.

If somebody implements an N-Triples parser, then the value of Plain Literals will be ascii safe, likewise with Turtle and unicode + special chars (\n etc) in single quoted values. We need to clarify if the value held by plain literal will be converted to UTF8 and essentially decoded to a native string, or whether it will remain in it's encoded form.