Re: Updated RDFa Core Editor's Draft

Sorry for the delay in replying to this...

On 10/19/2010 2:51 PM, Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:19:06 -0500
> Shane McCarron<shane@aptest.com>  wrote:
>
>>    Sorry for the confusion earlier.  There is an updated editor's
>> draft at
>> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/drafts/2010/ED-rdfa-core-20101018/
> 2.2: the profile example is wrong dc/dcterms.

Nice catch - fixed!

> 3.3-3.6, 7.3, 8.1-8.2: the URIs for Albert Einstein, the German Empire,
> the United States, etc should not start with<http://dbpedia.org/page/>
> but<http://dbpedia.org/resource/>.

Fixed.

> 3.10: mentions @src in the same breath as @resource and @href, whereas
> @src actually behaves more like @about.

In non-chained mode, I agree...  @resource, @href, and @src an set
either objects or subjects, depending on usage.  I made  a change.
> 6: "An RDFa Processor must not use the XML 'default namespace' as the
> 'default prefix'." -- perhaps needs rephrasing, as is suggests that
> something like this is illegal:
>
>      <g xmlns="http://example.com/" vocab="http://example.com/">

Fixed.

> 8: Most of these examples are missing prefix mappings. For little
> snippets which don't purport to be full documents, that's fine. For the
> longer ones which include entire<html>  elements, at least an @profile
> should be there.

Fixed.  I added the prefixes in use in the examples to our mythical
example.com RDFa Profile at the top of the document, then referenced it.

> 8.3.1.3: A lot of problems here. "It does not help to escape the
> content, since the output would simply be a string of text containing
> numerous ampersands" is simply nonsense. The following:

> is parsed as:
>
> 	<>  :foo "<bar>" .
>
> The phrase "To make authoring easier, if there are child elements and
> no @datatype attribute, then the effect is the same as if @datatype
> have been explicitly set to rdf:XMLLiteral" is no longer true. That
> phrase and the following couple of examples with their explanations
> need removing/revising.

Yeah... that was a mess.  Thanks.  I have fixed it.