Re: Need volunteer reviewers for RDFa Core 1.1 (pre-Last Call)

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:51:15 +0100
To: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 01:53:56 +0200
Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> The latter (i.e. putting attributes into the empty namespace) is
> what, according to Toby, all currently existing host languages do.

No, it's not what all existing host languages do.

Somewhat annoyingly, OpenDocument Format 1.2 puts the RDFa attributes
in the {http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml} namespace.

> However, I would strongly advise providing for the alternative
> possibility to put RDFa attributes into some non-empty namespace,
> possibly xmlns:rdfa="http://www.w3.org/ns/rdfa#".

Yep - I'd agree with that. I'd suggest that host languages *SHOULD*
keep them in the empty namespace, but it makes sense to provide a
namespace they can use if need be.

However, host languages must pick one and stick with it. Putting @href
in one namespace, @prefix in another and @about in the empty namespace
would be horrible!