Re: PROPOSAL to close ISSUE-37: Clarifying bnode explanation

Sigh. I have a feeling of deja vu, and we seem to repeat the same arguments.

The document says:

[[[
<link about="_:john" rel="foaf:mbox" href="mailto:john@example.org" />
<link about="_:sue"  rel="foaf:mbox" href="mailto:sue@example.org" />
<link about="_:john" rel="foaf:knows" resource="_:sue" />

In the above fragment, two bnodes are explicitly created as the subject of triples. Those bnodes are then referenced to demonstrate the relationship between the parties. After processing, the following triples will be generated:

_:john foaf:mbox <mailto:john@example.org> .
_:sue foaf:mbox <mailto:sue@example.org> .
_:john foaf:knows _:sue .
]]]

Ie, the text says "the following triples will be generated". This statement is purely and simply wrong. The generated triples are a serialized version of the triples and by saying 'will be generated' and using the same identifiers, a casual reader may deduce that the identifiers are the same as in the original RDFa source. It also suggests that

[[[
_:x foaf:mbox <mailto:john@example.org> .
_:y foaf:mbox <mailto:sue@example.org> .
_:x foaf:knows _:y .
]]]

is wrong.

While this may not be very important for RDFa Core, because people do not necessarily care about the generated turtle or RDF/XML code which is usually brought into an RDF system, but if this perception is taken over to the RDFa API then we may have real problems.

I do not care about a slight inconsistency in the document if such false impression are given by the current document.

Ivan