Re: Ongoing objection to RDFa Profiles format (as XHTML+RDFa)

Mark/Ivan,

Likewise I'll chime in with a big +1 for what you've both said, and
having those profiles in (X)HTML+RDFa opens the door to a lot of
functionality (indeed everything HTML, RDFa and related gives) so I feel
it would be wise to open that door and promote wide spread RDFa
adoption, after all if we can't mark up our own data in RDFa, how can we
reasonably expect anybody else to?

You've mention the ol' temporal/versioning issue in your response Mark,
the one that affects so much of web architecture where you can typically
only get the current state of a resource, and noted a nice familiar
approach to addressing this - sounds good to me.

Perhaps if we outlined a few points which we'd like to see addressed in
the spec / primer. For instance I'd suggest we add an important note
about HTTP Caching profiles (although I believe this is an important
note for and document on the web), likewise a note encouraging people to
consider the stability of RDFa Profiles the publish (both technically as
in high-availability, and temporally as in uri-date-versioned) -
anything you'd add?

So Mark, I've got to ask, are you still against RDFa Profiles being in
RDFa? certainly seems as though we're all rather pro RDFa Profiles in
RDFa at the minute, and that both of our concerns could be addressed
with some notes..

Best,

Nathan