Re: PROPOSAL to close ISSUE-17: @role integration

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:31:40 +0200
Cc: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
The current text in the role document says:

[[[
When @role is included in a markup language that also includes RDFa Core [RDFA-CORE], an RDFa Processor MUST process the role values as follows:

 If @id is present, it is used to supply the subject by concatenating the document's 'base', a fragment separator '#', and the value of @id. Otherwise the subject is a unique newly created bnode.
 The predicate is the term role in the vocabulary defined at http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab.
 Each value of @role is an object, forming an RDF triple with the subject and predicate defined above.
]]]

And I indeed object to that. The PF WG has no mandate of imposing any MUST on an RDFa processor. I am o.k. if the MUST is exchanged against a MAY. And it is up to the RDFa processor whether and how they do that (e.g., by a special switch).

Ivan